Design & Manufacturing Specialists in Earthmoving Attachments for Over a Decade
We employ state-of-the-art technologies in our manufacturing processes to achieve unprecedented detail in our designs and the highest caliber of construction. Our products are known for their high integrity and durability. They reduce fuel costs and excavator wear, hence maximizing efficiency and profits, saving our clients thousands of dollars every month.
We guarantee these results.
We rely on the latest manufacturing technologies and best practices. We employ various technologies, machines, cutting edge simulation software and automated robots to perform various tasks ranging from designing models and simulating innovative designs of our products to cutting, rolling, welding, and boring the attachment. Each one of these processes requires meticulous planning, simulations and prototyping.
The eiengineering Manufacturing Process
Design and Simulation
For over a decade our engineers have continuously innovated the eiengineering product line. They formulate their designs into mathematical models, and use the latest cutting edge simulation software transforms them into 3-D, real life models. These models are extensively simulated under a wide range of working conditions. The goal is to gain a clearer understanding of the following:
- The material needed – The type, thickness, and the required, weldability and malleability of the material, define the wear resistance and durability achievable in the final product.
- The number of separate parts for a solid design – Striking a balance between the number of weldable parts, our engineers reinforce the design, making it more sturdy and applicable for heavy duty work.
- The tools needed to create the shapes – For example, a certain shape may not be created using the same rolling process used by another bucket designs.
- Testing metrics – The simulations and discussions bring forth various Quality Assurance and performance testing methods for verifying that the final product is delivering the highest results.
Once the engineers have the basic blueprint for the design and metrics for testing, they move into the more practical domain, starting with the material considerations.
The application dictates the material used. Our engineers have found highest results using eie80 grade in the construction of all eiengineering attachments. This is due to its unique combination of hardness, strength and abrasion resistance while also providing good formability and weldability:
- eie80 grade is 3 times harder and 4 times stronger and tougher than mild steel.
- With the right technologies, eie80 grade becomes highly formable, allowing our engineers to craft better double radius designs.
- With the right techniques, eie80 becomes weldable not only to itself, but other materials, giving our engineers the opportunity to reduce weight and add flexibility in design.
To aid our engineers, we have consistently documented our innovative work for over 20 years with different materials. This has resulted in extensive material charts. It allows our engineers to craft custom designs tailored to your needs, creating attachments unique to your application.
A Seamless Finish – Material Cleaning with Plate Blasting
To deliver a seamless finish, Bisalloy 80 grade and steel plates need to be smoothed and cleaned of all unwanted residue. Depending on the thickness and density of the material, we may use hydro-blasting, abrasive blasting and shot blasting.
Conforming eie80 to Our Design
Double radius reinforces the bucket design, adding rigidity and allowing for more earth-dynamic design to be manufactured. However, conforming eie80 grade to such design requires extensive and precise rolling.
The manufacturing challenge lies in ensuring that both rolls come square across the bucket. This is only possible by deploying the latest precision rolling techniques and technologies. We have armed our engineers with the best-in-class technology and machines, allowing them to create our trademark double radius designs.
Proper Weld Sizes
Good weld size is directly linked to the strength of the weld. The challenge is to find the perfect weld size for every plate so that the bucket design delivers the promised performance in the harshest environments and under optimal loading conditions.
The rule of thumb is that the weld size should be 75% the size of the smallest plate used in the design. Furthermore, the pins should be in correct alignment to the cutting edge so that the bucket can runs true and performs as per design expectations.
The Finished Product
Through our rigorous design and manufacturing processes, eiengineering products showcase exceptional finish and workmanship, making them the best choice for operators.
Achieving the correct welding penetration is crucial to manufacturing products that deliver lasting results. Hence, it is vital that the alloys are pre-heated before being welded. Achieving the right welding penetration is crucial for avoiding premature failure of products.
See Our Proud Work!
Visit the Products page to check our complete range of highly durable, performance enhancing and fuel saving excavator buckets and attachments.